WHAT WE BELIEVE
WHAT WE BELIEVE
Rapture Watchers Fellowship is a ministry of Evangelical Fellowship Institute, Inc., which has published Tenets of Faith. This is a statement of what the Evangelical Fellowship Institute believes:
- We believe that there is one true God, Maker of all things, eternally existent in the Trinity of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who became incarnate, born of the Virgin Mary, crucified, resurrected, ascended to Heaven and is alive forever.
- We believe that the Holy Bible, in its entirety, is the inspired Word of God, and the infallible basis for faith, fellowship and general conduct.
- We believe that the Fall of Adam brought spiritual death and deprivation to mankind, necessitating redemption of sin and the personal salvation of believers by grace through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ and the regenerative work of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, evidenced by the initial sign of speaking with other tongues, as a subsequent experience to the New Birth.
- We believe in sanctification as personal holiness of heart and life and as an act of separation from that which is evil.
- We believe that divine health, protection, guidance and all-round prosperity (spirit, soul and body) of all saints, are part of the things that accompany salvation.
- We believe in Christian discipleship and intensive evangelism in accordance with the Great Commission with signs and wonders following the uncompromised preaching of the Word of God.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the saved to eternal joy and the lost to everlasting punishment.
- We believe in imminent pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church to be followed by the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ seven years later to usher in a millennial reign of peace worldwide, the final judgment and the setting up of a New Heaven and a New Earth.
In addition to our Tenets of Faith Rapture Watchers are driven by four commandments given by the Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew chapter 24. In consequence, we believe that:
The Mandate of Jesus, which has three phases in two comings to earth and three finishing points encompassing three dispensations, is the most important business on earth in this end time period.
The personal visible appearing of Jesus Christ on earth will be preceded by the evacuation of the true Church of Jesus Christ to heaven seven years earlier.
Although no one knows the exact day or hour of church rapture those who have the mind of Christ such as Rapture Watchers are commanded to, and should, know the times and the seasons.
To abide in Christ as a living saint in this end time period to the end one must be in constant expectation of Jesus’ second coming.
To be a Rapture Watcher is to strive to be perfect by being faithful to the Lord, watchful of relationship with God and man, ready to participate in the rapture of the church, and fruitfully doing what the Lord has assigned to every member to do until rapture or sleep, whichever comes first.