Jesus the promised Seed of the woman came to the world about two thousand years ago and voluntarily offered His life to redeem what God lost. As He was about to ascend to heaven where He came from His disciples asked Him: “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” (Acts 1:6 NKJV)
His answer was stunning to His hearers. He said it was not yet time to do that. Something very important had to be done first. He told them to “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.” (Mk 16:15-16)
God’s program for the world is to take out from Jews and Gentiles a people for His name. The called-out ones will serve as a gift to His Son for His sacrificial redemptive work; they will also serve as replacement for lost angels.
This assignment is supposed to be accomplished by the followers of Christ in a period of about two thousand years from the time the commission was given.
This is my paraphrased version of the Lord’s Great Commission to those who not only desire to know and love Him but to follow His footsteps.
“As My Father sent Me, so I send you to go into all the world and preach the gospel of grace of God to every creature baptizing those who believe in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, making them disciples with signs following by teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you to teach and do.”
Anything done in the name of the Lord that does not encompass the Great Commission is unlikely to attract any reward from the Lord Jesus Christ. It may not merit inclusion in the Book of Remembrance and in extreme cases may attract condemnation rather than commendation.
Like Nebuchadnezzar’s colossus, the world is drifting from bad to worse and will continue to do so until the church is fully formed.
Jesus is coming back, not to a peaceful beautiful world, but to a chaotic, disorderly and sin-ridden world.
If you look around you what do you see:
- Evil is multiplying everywhere.
- Truth is being turned into a lie.
- Justice has been turned upside down.
- Good men are ridiculed; wicked rulers are applauded.
- Murder of the innocent and defenceless is celebrated;
- Life is denigrated.
- The Ten Commandments have been turned upside down.
- Men want to be women; women want to be men;
- Nature is mocked.
- Marriage has become a mockery; you can marry anything – same-sex, animals or even inanimate objects.
- Every day the world is saying at every given opportunity that ‘THERE IS NO GOD.’
But at the fullness of time Jesus will return as He promised. At that very moment, just as in the days of Noah, the door to the ark of salvation shall be locked.
For the faithful, Jesus is saying: ‘Do not be discouraged; hold fast what you have till I come.”
It should not be a surprise to you that henceforth:
- Political correctness will be on the ascendency.
- More and more people will be sacrificed on the altar of greed, power and sex.
- Numerous destinies will be truncated.
- Abortion, which is child sacrifice to Moloch, the god of child sacrifice, will increase exponentially.
- Eaters of flesh and drinkers of blood will wax stronger and stronger.
- The world will continue to become increasingly terrible a place to live in.
- The value of life will diminish.
- Hopelessness will reign throughout the world.
Do not waste your time praying to God to make the world a better place to live in. He won’t. The world has already been condemned. It’s in the pits of hell. Pull out those willing to be saved from the fires of hades.
- Justice will continue to be sold to the highest bidder.
- Morality will become more and more anachronistic.
- Sexual purity will become the jab of mockers.
But one thing is sure: in the very near future:
- Great tribulations shall encompass the world.
- Nature will revolt.
- Beasts of the earth (human beings with beastly nature) shall takeover.
- Earth will be miffed from drinking blood.
- Cities shall fall.
- Jesus shall return.
Are you ready for the second coming of Jesus Christ?